School Resources for your Green Jay
As a new or returning parent to Western Academy please see the F.A.Q. below:
Math tutoring is available at WA on the following days. No appointment is required and there is no cost for this assistance.
Mr. Rahul Aggarwal (email@example.com) is available Mondays-Thursdays between 7:45am - 8:15am. (Location : Great Room)
Mr. Richard Gosselin (firstname.lastname@example.org ) is available Mondays-Thursdays between 3:30pm - 4:30pm. (Location : Science Study Room)
Volunteer at WA
If you have questions, please contact Tiffany Owens, WA Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
Thank you for volunteering at Western Academy.
A recent article by Sue Shellenbarger in the WSJ talks about the benefits of volunteering at your children's school. A small excerpt follows:
Making a Difference
- Try to build a positive relationship with your child’s teacher.
- Observe the teacher’s methods and rules and support them at home.
- Get to know the school staff, rules and curriculum.
- Learn other students’ names so you can talk with your child about them.
- Ask your child whether and how she wants you to volunteer.
- Set expectations that your child will do the best he can in school and in life.
- Learn about the curriculum so you can help your child choose courses and set goals.
- Set an example with your volunteer work that you’d like your child to emulate.
- Continue coaching your child on setting academic goals and college plans.
- Emphasize the process of learning over getting high grades or test scores.
- Show interest in school by participating in events or fundraisers.
- Talk about the rewards of being involved as a volunteer.
Shellenbarger, Sue (2018, August 2). Parents Volunteering at School Should Tailor Skills to Different Stages. Retrieved from http://www.wsj.com